The surf school wants to teach the students that the sport of surfing is a life experience and a personal relationship with the environment. The number one rule is to learn to respect nature and the sea.
We want to see the essence of sport also with its spiritual side and social consciousness. And the need to emphasize that this sport in El Salvador is a tool for social development.
Our surf school is fully mobile. With programs and certified instructors and the right equipment to promote different learning levels. We offer programs for children, teenagers and adults, as well as personal and / or group lessons for beginners, intermediate and advanced.
It is very difficult to tell from the first person how long a student needs to be able to say he can surf. But it is guaranteed that the student can get up on the surfboard after one or two days.
The progress of each one is always dependent on the number of hours as well as the natural abilities. But it is worth mentioning that any physically healthy person can learn how to surf, and every student can get more and more as his or her athletic skills increase, and the build-up of muscle mass increases and one gets stronger every day.
SURF school PROGRAm:.
The beginners' surfing school is going through the phases described below:
- General theoretical information on use and maintenance of the equipment. General theoretical information about the ocean and the tides.
- The students are informed about the equipment, name, treatment and care and learn the preparation of the equipment, load and special features.
- Technical exercises and the practice out of the water:
- The student has the opportunity to practice the theory, practice and practice with the equipment, tips and secrets on how to start in the sport in a safe and efficient way will be passed on by our instructor.
- As is necessary in every sport to increase physical performance, it is advisable to perform a series of warming exercises based on yoga, pilates and body balance.
Technical exercises and practice in the pool:
- Learning the theory learned in the swimming pool helps to prevent and prevent problems or surprises in the sea. So that a series of technical exercises are done in the pool before the student "goes into the water".
The practice in the sea:
- First, the teacher will practice together with the student within the first, smaller waves.
Second learning phase:
- Theoretical information where a wave breaks in the water and why.
- The surf program draws on the students' determination and ability to get to know their qualities in the water while surfing.
- Practical exercises with the teacher to take the bigger waves.
- The student has the opportunity to try to surf his own wave.
Third learning phase:
- Theoretical information about the type of equipment:
- With a little more experience the student gets theoretical indications about the various types of surfboards to later get the right surfboard for his abilities, weight and size.
- Practical theory about the surfboard burst in the water:
In a mixture between the sea and the swimming pool, the student learns different practices, such as the "Duckdive", the form with the surfboard under the waves, or how to move the surfboard with the help of the body balance.
Practice in the sea:
- Now is the time to surf! Together with the teacher, the student will have the opportunity to take the waves and surf safely and correctly.
Fourth learning phase:
- Coaching to improve technical skills:
- With the experience gained, personal instructors will monitor their students and contribute to the technical improvement, such as the positioning of the feet on the surfboard.
He will give tips and secrets to give the student more confidence in the water!
For more information visit: EL SALVADOR SURFCAMPS or Contact Us.
SURF School director:.
"El Avion" is a surfer with over 20 years of experience in the development of tourism experienced and seen throughout his life. He has been working as a surf instructor for a long time and supports the development of sport and the formation of the "Federacion salvadoreña de Surf" of the surfing federation in El Salvador. His primary motivation is the young surfers and his vision is that surfing as a sport is one of the most important instruments to bring social and economic development forward, promoting values in coastal communities of the country and an opportunity for recreation, education and finally A living basis. Surfing is an example for a self-oriented life with love for nature.
His new project is the teaching of sport, one of the few of the country certified by the "ISA" as a professional surf instructor. He has completed international education programs and knows the nature of the beaches and waves in the country, especially in the area of La Libertad. Today's director of the school "El Salvador Surfcamps" offers various learning modules, schools and programs for all types of surfers.
If you want to learn how to surf, "El Avion" is the best teacher in the country! According to Avion's statement, this sport is for everyone in a healthy physical condition. And is a sport that brings the body into harmony with nature and itself.
Beginner lessons US$40 per lesson
The rate include all the equippment and the surf lessons takes around 2 to 3 hours.
The school is fully mobile, which means that lessons are taught on different beaches, depending on the conditions of the sea and the level of the students. But our school is located in Playa El Tunco where the theoretical instruction, the lessons in the pool and the maintenance of equipment is offered. We offer a stay in our Surfcamp. The hostel offers basic rooms with shared bathroom at low prices for our surf school students. We also have rooms with private bathroom and air conditioning.